- Washington Redskins- Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
Swapping first round picks, and sending the Rams a 2nd rounder and their 2013 and 2014 first round picks and with Rex Grossman as there returning starter Griffin is the pick.
- Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil, OT USC
Cutting former Pro Bowl left tackle Bryant Mckinnie in 2010 and cutting former Pro Bowl left guard Steve Hutchinson this offseason makes this the logical move while the Vikings are in “rebuilding mode”.
- Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
I thought the pick would be Griffin but after the blockbuster trade by the Redskins and loosing running back Peyton Hillis to the Chiefs in free agency the powerful Richardson seems like the right call.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
I thought the Buccaneers would pick wide receiver Justin Blackmon but after the securing star receiver Vincent Jackson from the Chargers and with Ronde Barber going into the season at 37 Claiborne is the best pick.
- St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
Rams fans should be thrilled the Rams will still get Blackmon who they wanted and needed from the start off the offseason, but also added 3 great picks to help the future of their franchise, this will also help replace the loss of Brandon Lloyd.
- Jacksonville Jaguars- Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
This may be a little early in the draft for Floyd but with Blaine Gabbert going into his second season he needs weapons to succeed. The Jaguars would prefer Blackmon over Floyd but that won’t be an option.
8. Miami Dolphins- Dontari Poe, DT Memphis
While fans are screaming for a quarterback after missing out on Manning and Flynn, Joe Philbin coming from his Packer roots won’t give into pressure and draft Ryan Tannehill early just to please fans. Poe should do a great job replacing Paul Solari who bolted to the Chiefs.
- Carolina Panthers- Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina